Tuesday 10 November 2009

A Fashion Post

I was at one of my sample units preparing some pieces from my SS10 collection working alongside Chris a good old East End boy who had been a tailor man and boy. We were working on a skirt with an oversized waistband and it just didn't seem to be looking right but I wasn't quite sure why. A lady who was at a training course at the unit was observing us. She looked very carefully at the skirt and in a matter of fact way suggested placing an extra button on the waistband. This was genius and made the piece work. She didn't have to do that and I appreciate her help. Fashion is a business that I am new to and I am realising that help can come from the most unexpected of places. I am humbled.

1 comment:

  1. I've missed your kindness posts. Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete